Yup, pretty much just like the iPhone, but a little bit more complex.
- Go to this site
- Either type the over-the-air URL into your BlackBerry browser, use the Google Send to Phone site to SMS the OTA URL to yourself and copy and paste it into your BlackBerry browser, or download the installer to use with Desktop Manager (super-lame choice).
- Using the OTA method: download the "Shortcut Hub Utility" and at least "web shortcut 1"
- Open the Shortcut Hub Utility
- Define the URL and image URL -- images must be 32 pixel by 32 pixel PNG files (leave the background blank for best display) and here's an example that I made for Grand Central.
A few notes:
- The default for the image is "http://", so if you don't change this, it goes into an infinite loop looking for the logo to download. I believe if you blank this out, it should work
- This would probably be very useful for deploying corporate websites as applications and there are instructions on the site about how to do this.