A little “New Year’s cleaning”:
- Removal of Chitka. Why? Because it’s ugly and it’s not making any money for my daughter’s college fund.
- Removal of some Adsense advertising. Why? Just trying to clean up the site and make the main page cleaner.
- Change of feed icons to the new standard feed icon. This icon links to my blog RSS feed on Feedburner. The ATOM feed is still available and can be auto-discovered, but I like the level of service Feedburner provides to both me as an author and all of you as readers. I also added some Feedburner “chicklets” that allow you to quickly add my site feed to various aggregators; not an exhaustive list, but some of the more popular.
- Removed my listing of “Top Referrers.” Why? I used to be able to keep track when my blog was just starting out, but now it can change throughout the course of a day and I just can’t keep it up-to-date.
- Removed the “@” sign from all of my e-mail address links — the amount of spam I receive is astounding, so I replaced the “@” with “[at]”.
I’m thinking of removing the exhaustive listing of all the blogs I subscribe to with Bloglines and just replacing it with a hyperlink that will take you to my public listing on the Bloglines site. I think this will make the page load faster and get the HTML links list closer to the top. Anyone have an opinion?
Happy New Year!