- If you're an existing AT&T customer, try using ATT's site instead of Apple's.
- Go to the AT&T store if the online is not working for you. If there is a long line, ask to manually fill out an upgrade form (they have them), let them make a copy of your credit card and driver license, and have them fax you confirmation once they've entered it into the system.
- Try accessing the AT&T site via your iPhone's Safari browser (don't use the AT&T iPhone app, but actually access it using Safari). I don't know if this is just coincidental, but when it wasn't working on my computer, it worked on my iPhone.
- Don't call the AT&T store -- they can't and won't take your order over the phone.
- Don't call the Apple Store -- they can't and won't take your order over the phone.
- White iPhone 4s are not available for pre-order from any outlet at this point.
- According to everything on all of the sites and in the store, your order should ship in time to arrive on June 24 -- be sure to use a shipping address where someone can receive the package or be sure to put a signature waiver out for the delivery guy.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
iPhone 4 purchasing today
A few tips and tricks for ordering your iPhone today based on my experience if you're an existing AT&T customer: