Do you sweat a lot? You may want to try Certain Dri antiperspirant. For those of you that may have been prescribed DrySol or another prescription antiperspirant that is in an alcohol base and feels like you are burning your armpits, Certain Dri might be a more pleasant alternative. If you ever feel like regular anitperspirants just don’t work for you, Certain Dri might be good for you as well.
You apply Certain Dri before you go to sleep at night. Why? Because it then has all night to work. I have been using Certain Dri for about a month and have found it to be extremely effective. Here are some of my tips:
- Make sure your armpits are very dry before applying.
- Never apply after having taken a shower.
- Give your armpits 10–15 minutes to dry before going to sleep.
- You may find that you don’t need to use it every day and you should definitely stop using it if you get any sort of rash or irritation.
- I have found that using a mild antiperspirant/deodorant in the mornings does help, especially if you know that you are going to be in a situation during the day that would normally cause extremely heavy sweating.
Certain Dri can be purchased at most drugstores; I buy it at Walgreen’s and one bottle seems to last 30–45 days. Lots of good no-sweat tips on the Certain Dri link above.