Saw some great quotes at this post on An Entrepreneur's Life that I definitely am going to add to my quote collection. Here's the first one:
“If you can’t describe your strategy in twenty minutes, simply and in plain language, you haven’t got a plan. ‘But,’ people may say, ‘I’ve got a complex strategy. It can’t be reduced to a page.’ That’s nonsense. That’s not a complex strategy. It’s a complex thought about the strategy.”
- Larry Bossidy, Chairman, Honeywell International, in ‘Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done’
What most people tend to not understand is that the Strategic Content, the strategy itself, should only consume about 5% of the effort, time, etc. The Strategic Process of idenitfying goals and objective, formulating strategy, implementing strategy, and controlling strategy should consumer the other 95%. I agree with the author of the original post and would argue that anyone should be able to describe their strategy in less than 20 minutes; 20 minutes seems to give too much time for thoughts about the strategy to intrude.
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ” - Leonardo DaVinci
Simplicity, brevity, classic lines can and are, especially now, the ultimate in sophistication. It seems that a lot of people are just starting to learn this; took quite a long time for DaVinci's thought to break through. Why is the new Sony media player doomed to not blow the IPod out of the water? It's just not simple enough.
Hello, I just wanted to post a comment on how well you have put your Blog together. I was doing a search for home based business lead and came across your Blog. I personally run my own Blog for home based business leadhome based business lead so I know a good Blog when I see one.
Keep up the good work! I look forward to reading more information on your blog
Are you interested in make money online now? If so, I have a make money online now site.
Feel free to drop by and tell me what you think.
Post a Comment