Cutting Through has a great post that lists 10 reasons why blogging is good for your career. Here's the list (note that this list originally came from this post by Tim Bray):
- You have to get noticed to get promoted.
- You have to get noticed to get hired.
- It really impresses people when you say âOh, Iâve written about that, just google for XXX and Iâm on the top pageâ or âOh, just google my name.â
- No matter how great you are, your career depends on communicating. The way to get better at anything, including communication, is by practicing. Blogging is good practice.
- Bloggers are better-informed than non-bloggers. Knowing more is a career advantage.
- Knowing more also means youâre more likely to hear about interesting jobs coming open.
- Networking is good for your career. Blogging is a good way to meet people.
- If youâre an engineer, blogging puts you in intimate contact with a worse-is-better 80/20 success story. Understanding this mode of technology adoption can only help you.
- If youâre in marketing, youâll need to understand how its rules are changing as a result of the current whirlwind, which nobody does, but bloggers are at least somewhat less baffled.
- Itâs a lot harder to fire someone who has a public voice, because it will be noticed.
Your Blog is Great! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a medical billing work at home
site. It pretty much covers medical billing work at home
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Nice Blog!!! I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW
Post a Comment