From this post on 43 Folders:
- Shut off auto-check. Set the system to check for messages over a longer period of time or manually check for messages.
- Pick off easy ones. Try to respond in 2 lines or less and 30 seconds or less.
- Write less. Brevity is king, but do not forget to be polite.
- Cheat. See the post for more information.
- Be honest. If you are not going to respond to an e-mail, hide it from yourself.
Here's some Blackberry advice from me:
- Disable your e-mail notification. Turn off the tone, vibration, etc. and only look at the device when you actually have the time to respond to an e-mail.
- Follow the tips above. Using a Blackberry should make you want to be brief and to the point.
- Turn off the signature that says the message was sent from a Blackberry. It is not in your best interest for everyone to know that you have a Blackberry; simply copy over your Outlook signature into the Blackberry redirector. If you want to be even more sneaky, change your Outlook settings so that all the messages you send from your computer are plain text rather than rich text or HTML.
- If you can access your e-mail via IMAP or POP, consider ditching your Blackberry. Why? Because IMAP and POP are both pull methods of retrieving mail, rather than push, meaning you can set that software to only pull at defined intervals.
One more piece of advice on e-mail:
- Never discuss in an e-mail what can be easily accomplished via IM. If you are on IM and the person you want to communicate with is on IM, use IM.
This blog is awesome! If you get a chance you may want to visit this email marketing software site, it's pretty awesome too!
If you would just take your time to know your way around, you could discover a lot of premium products and services being offered for free.
Come and check it out if you get the time 8-)
Nice Blog!!! I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW
Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so much fun to read alot of good info and you have also one of the best blogs !! Have some time check my link to !!Part time work from home
Just checking out blogs for ideas to add to my site about voip reseller and other voip stuff. (I know its a boring subject) I liked your site
Would you like to swap links? Just post a comment somewhere on my blog,
I won't delete it. Thanks and take care,
Post a Comment