The title pretty much says it all.
Ok, a few more points about the service:
- The service is using the standard Amazon 1-Click system for either purchasing or renting
- Movies are available for purchase the same day they are released on DVD and start at $7.97
- TV shows are $1.99
- Back catalog movies start for purchase at $1.99
- Movie rentals seem to run $3.99
- Purchased items are stored in your Amazon Media Locker
- When you are browsing Amazon Unbox, you want to look for the little TiVo logo for items that are compatible with TiVo (see below):
Also works with:
So I signed up and it was pretty easy. You do need to have your TiVo connected to your LAN (wired or wireless), have an account on TiVo.com, and have your TiVo registered on TiVo.com. Assuming that all of the aforementioned things have been done, when you register via the Amazon site, you simply input your TiVo username and password, accept that terms and conditions, select the TiVo in your account, and finalize your acceptance. Also, if you sign up by April 15, you'll get a $15 credit that can be used for TV shows or movies.
I'm going to give it a try over the weekend -- I've got that $15 credit burning a hole in my pocket -- and I'll post about it next week.
Link -- Amazon Unbox
Link -- TiVo site about Amazon Unbox
Post a Comment